Cinco de Mayo is a big deal in the United States. It is the unofficial holiday almost as popular as St. Patty’s day a.k.a the drinking holiday. Cinco de Mayo was created by Latinos in California during the Civil War according to UCLA professor David Hayes-Bautista.
Ideally Cinco de Mayo should be a day where everyone can learn about Mexican history and culture, but we are mesmerized by margaritas, tequilas and nachos. So I’ve decided to captivate you more by compiling a Pinterest top 5 Best Drinks menu for your enjoyment. #DRINKRESPONSIBLY
- 1 oz tequila
- Prosecco or champagne, chilled
- Orange juice (I like Simply Orange Mango)
- Splash of grenadine
- For each rink, pour 1 oz tequila into a champagne flute.
- Fill flute about halfway with prosecco/champagne.
- Add orange juice, filling the flute until it’s mostly full (I like to stop pouring when the liquid is about ¾-inch from the top of the glass).
- Top with a splash of grenadine.
- 1 lb cucumbers (about 2 medium), coarsely chopped, with peel on
- ½ cup fresh lime juice (from about 4 small limes)
- ½ cup packed fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 12 oz (11/2 cups) club soda
- Slice of lime for garnish, optional
1. Combine everything but club soda in blender. Blend until pureed and sugar dissolves, about 1 minute.
2. Strain through fine-mesh sieve, stirring and pressing on solids to extract liquid. Pour liquid into pitcher and use immediately, or chill up to 2 days.
3. Pour over ice and top each serving with about 3 tbsp club soda.
- 6 tablespoons Mocha Almond Fudge Flavored COFFEEMATE® Liquid Coffee Creamer
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups hot water
- 1 cup strong-brewed coffee
- 1 rinsed and drained cup white rice
- Combine water, rice and cinnamon stick in a large bowl; cool. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Pour rice mixture into a blender. Cover; blend on high for 2 minutes or until mixture is as smooth as possible. Add sugar; blend for 1 more minute. Strain mixture through a fine sieve into a pitcher, pressing the rice solids until only a dry paste remains; discard paste. Stir coffee and Coffeemate into the mixture.
- To serve pour into tall glasses with ice cubes. Sprinkle with cocoa powder and/or cinnamon, if desired.
- To store Keep refrigerated and stir well before serving.
- 2 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 ounce coconut milk
- 1-2 teaspoons agave nectar
- Juice of ½ a lime
- 1 cup ice
- Mix well and enjoy!
- 1 ounce Coconut Rum
- 1 ounce Tequila
- 1/2 ounce Peach Schnapps
- 1 ounce Margarita Mix
- 1 ounce Orange Juice
- 1 ounce Pineapple Juice
- Orange or pineapple garnishes
- Mix well and enjoy!